We offer a comprehensive range of Engineering Design services, as described below:
Whatever product, structure or machine you need designed – we can help. We produce 3D models and visualisations, as well as 2D detailed technical manufacturing drawings and accompanying documentation for your project, so that when we are finished, the product is ready to be built.
We have cross-sector experience in mechanical design, and are proficient in the following areas:
- Load-bearing structures and frames – support structures, lifting frames, trusses, beams, brackets etc.
- Hydraulic pumped systems – pumping stations, rising mains, pipework
- Machinery and mechanisms
- Plastic / 3D printed parts – consumer products, prototypes
- Sheet metal
To design and document our projects, we use a state of the art 3D CAD package - Autodesk Inventor. The software offers our clients a number of benefits, including:
- Clear and visually understandable design, which greatly enhances cooperation and lets us zero-in on your desired solution quickly.
- Great visualization capabilities – we can produce photorealistic rendered photos or videos of your project that you can use for presentation or marketing purposes.
- Flexible CAD format – we can easily work with projects coming from other CAD packages, like SolidWorks, Creo, Catia etc. We can also save our projects in universal formats, ready to be imported into any other CAD environment.
Finite Element Analysis
Today’s CAD software can simulate the physical reality better and easier than ever before. We are taking full advantage of this fact, and are employing structural strength analysis to validate our mechanical designs. We believe this gives our clients a few substantial benefits:
- Peace of mind – Load bearing structures must withstand stress and deformation. Having a clear, visual strength analysis at hand, in addition to engineering calculations, serves to validate design choices and assure safety.
- Cost optimization – FEM methods identify the areas where the design can be optimized in terms of amount or grade of material used, thus lowering the overall cost of the project.
We are also using Autodesk Inventor embedded FEA and CFD capabilities, as well as Autodesk Nastran. This lets us carry out detailed simulations and analyses of a wide range of physical phenomena, like strength & strain analysis, fluid flow, thermal transfer, noise & vibration and more. We can present our results in the form of reports, images and videos.
Design Validation and Calculation
It is important that our designs have their reflection in engineering calculations, so that we can assure their feasibility and safety. We describe physical reality with analytical methods of physics, and build mathematical models of systems we analyse. This approach is used along with FEA methods to verify our design choices.
We also offer design validation as a stand-alone service, to help our clients verify their existing designs. We can conduct feasibility studies and compile reports.